The lake, approximately 4.5 acres and consisting of 3 lanes with a total of 55 pegs, has been designed in such a way that every peg fishes towards an island and hedge planting has divided the pegs into 2’s. Even on very busy days it seems as though you have your own little lake. Please check with the Waterside Cafe/office which pegs are open for use.
The fish stocks have come on over the years, mostly Carp between 8-14lbs with some fish into higher weights. There is also a good head of Tench to 7lb+, Bream to 8lb+, some lovely Roach and Rudd up to 1½ lb+ and the ever present Perch.
When the Carp go a bit quieter in the winter months, the silver fish have a chance to show themselves more and we have had several match weights of 30-40lbs of Roach and Skimmers, even in the depths of the winter.
All matches must be organised in advanced through the office. The gate will be opened at an agreed time.
Please ensure you are aware of, and comply with the fishing rules for Walters Lake.
Jimmy began his angling on the river Ouse with his father fishing for roach. His passion grew quickly and soon developed a love for big-fish across the globe!
Walters Lake Rules
The following rules are for the benefit of all anglers which are to be adhered to, with no exception. Lake Pochard Management Ltd reserves the right to ask you and your group/club to leave if the rules are breached:
- Valid rod licence to fish
- Only Red, White and Blue lanes available
- All fish must be handled with care and netted before banking
- One rod/pole only fished at any time
- Barbless hooks only/maximum hook size 10
- No braided hook links or line
- No fixed leads, must be free running
- Method feeders must be free running
- Ground bait used sparingly, no particle mix
- Fishing off platforms only (not off grass in winter). No extension platforms
- No floating baits / no boillies or nuts / no cat or dog food
- Keep nets only to be used in organised matches – fish safety is paramount (don’t overload)
- All unused bait must be taken away
- All fish must be returned, no movement of fish
- No children under 14 to be left unsupervised
- No alcohol permitted on site
- No radios or bite alarms
- Dogs permitted with discretion (LPM) as long as on a leash at all times and dog fouling removed
- No fires or BBQs
- All litter must be taken away
- No wadding or swimming allowed