It is very important that you tie your pop-up on securely, so that it doesn’t come off on the cast. There are a number of ways to do this, so below is a step by step guide on how to do it using dental floss, a baiting needle and a lighter.
- Strip off your length of floss and thread the tag end through the swivel.
- Slide your baiting needle through the pop-up.
- Now place the floss into the needle and slide the pop-up on.
- Push the pop-up down onto swivel.
- Trim the tag ends.
- Blob with a lighter and you’re ready to go.
It is very important that you tie your pop-up on securely, so that it doesn't come off on the cast.
What you will need to tie on your pop-ups!
Jimmy began his angling on the river Ouse with his father fishing for roach. His passion grew quickly and soon developed a love for big-fish across the globe!
James | 13th April 2020