It is very important that you tie your pop-up on securely, so that it doesn’t come off on the cast. There are a number of ways to do this, so below is a step by step guide on how to do it using dental floss, but you don’t need to pierce the hook bait.
- Strip off your length of floss and form two loops, one large, one small.
- Place the tag end through twice and pull down.
- You will have created your slip knot.
- Evenly place the floss around the pop-up.
- Tighten without scoring the bait and secure with a couple of granny knots.
- Now tie the pop-up to the ring, again using granny knots.
- Trim the tags and blob with a lighter.
Below is a step by step guide on how to do it using dental floss, but you don't need to pierce the hook bait.
What you will need to tie on your pop-ups!
Jimmy began his angling on the river Ouse with his father fishing for roach. His passion grew quickly and soon developed a love for big-fish across the globe!
James | 13th April 2020